Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Therapy

I have a small fear of spiders, and select other creepy-crawlies. (Only the really ugly ones.) It's something I've lived with all my life. It's not a big deal - I can even bring myself to kill a spider if I have to, although if there is any other adult in the vicinity it is absolutely their job!

Apparently my grandmother became aware of this fear of mine several years back, and decided to take it upon herself to help me conquer it. (This is my Dad's mother - not the grandmother I posted about last week.)

Let me pause here to tell you that my grandmother is a little different. I hesitate to elaborate on this, because I don't want to sound as if I don't love and respect her, because I certainly do, but suffice it to say that she is a little weird.

Her form of therapy for me was a little wooden cricket, painted with bright colors. ( The shape itself was very much like a real cricket, as was the size. The bright greens and yellows with touches of red, however, left little doubt that it was a toy.

Bubblehead and I had to laugh about this as soon as we had a moment alone, because first of all, I wasn't afraid of crickets. And secondly, this thing looked nothing like a real cricket, so even if I was, this wasn't going to help. (But it was nice of her to care, and for that I love her!)

Her efforts weren't completely wasted. I'm still not afraid of crickets.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Random thoughts...
Just one more verse
Movie Quote Monday
Gabriella's quip du jour
20 random songs - again
Writing assignment
No title
Thought for the day...
De-Energizer
Nobel Peace prize candidate, or just grasping at s...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes