Friday, October 08, 2004

100+ Things

1. I was born in Wyoming

2. I've lived in 6 different states, 1o 11 different cities, and have moved 13 15 times.

3. I've lived on both coasts.

4. Besides Wyoming, Seattle was my favorite.

5. Wyoming is where I want to be.

6. I married my high school sweetheart.

7. I was 18 at the time.

8. He is still my best friend.

9. I would do it again.

10. I wouldn't recommend marriage to anyone that young.

11. I have two children - a boy and a girl. (Not in that order.)

12. I want one more.

13. I love being a Stay At Home Mom.

14. It's the hardest job I've ever had.

15. I believe it to be the most important job there is.

16. I graduated from the same high school as Vice President Cheney.

17. I was always a good student.

18. I attended 3 different colleges.

19. I started college as a journalism major.

20. I made money going to school my first year of college due to my scholarships.

21. I used the money to buy my first computer.

22. I was a member of Phi Theta Kappa at my second college.

23. I graduated from the University of North Florida.

24. I got a BA in Psychology, with a minor in Sociology.

25. It was good training for motherhood.

26. My husband was in the submarine service of the Navy for over 6 years.

27. I've very proud of him.

28. I'm very glad he's not anymore.

29. I'm a Titanic nut - I have over 60 books about the disaster.

30. My "obsession" began before the movie came out.

31. I cross-stitch, but not lately.

32. I enjoy genealogy.

33. My ancestors come from England, Norway, Germany, and Scotland.

34. My mother's father's side has been traced back to the 1620.

35. I have watched Days of Our Lives since I was in jr. high school.

36. I've tried to stop, but always get sucked back in. UPDATE I stopped. Without trying or planning, I just spontaneously stopped one day last summer. I haven't watched since then.

37. I have skied (alpine, not Nordic) since I was 5 years old.

38. I have played the piano that long, too.

39. I wanted to quit piano lessons all through my teenaged years.

40. My mom wouldn't let me.

41. I'm thankful now that she didn't.

42. I also played the flute for 5 years.

43. My favorite color is yellow.

44. I love Christmas!

45. I love to read.

46. I hate rudeness.

47. I think customer service is the most overlooked, and most important, part of business.

48. I drive a mini van.

49. I like it, but I miss my SUV.

50. I have traveled to Europe once, when I was pregnant with my son.

51. I loved it there, and would like to go back.

52. And maybe take my children with me this time.

53. I am usually cold.

54. It drives my husband crazy.

55. I am quiet, shy, and insecure.

56. It comes off as snobby sometimes.

57. I love to shop.

58. I can cook, but usually don't.

59. I have one brother.

60. He is one of my best friends.

61. So is his wife.

62. Eddie Izzard is my favorite comedian.

63. I can't sing.

64. But I love to crank the music up and sing along.

65. I have to crank the music up so I can't hear my voice.

66. I had stitches in my forehead 3 times before the age of 5.

67. Don't ask.

68. I've never broken a bone.

69. I've never done drugs.

70. I've never smoked - ever.

71. I have two one dogs - a Chow Chows.

72. I like to put sugar on my cottage cheese.

73. This stems from childhood, when my mother would put colored sprinkles on our cottage cheese to get us to eat it.

74. It worked.

75. I'm a night owl.

76. I'm lazy.

77. I commuted an hour each way for two years to finish college.

78. I'm afraid of spiders.

79. I like catalogs, even though I rarely shop through them.

80. I have postpartum depression.

81. I take medication for it.

82. I'm feeling pretty good.

83. I'm making this list as a way of procrastinating cleaning my house.

84. I love hot tea.

85. I also love sweets.

86. Pastries are my favorites. (They go so well with the tea!)

87. I hate snoring.

88. My husband snores.

89. I can't spell.

90. Seriously, I can't spell.

91. My favorite number is 8.

92. That, you can ask about if you like, although you'll think it's a sappy story.

93. I'm a little clumsy.

94. I love purses, tote bags, diaper bags - I don't know why.

95. My first real job was working in a video store.

96. I love to get email!

97. My first date with my husband was a movie (King Ralph), and then we shared a hot fudge brownie sundae. He took me home an hour early, because my watch was wrong.

98. I was 16. He was 17.

99. I remember that night, and the way he held my hand, like it was yesterday.

100. We still hold hands a lot.

101. My 6 7 year old has a better social life than I do.

102. I hate the wind.

103. Wyoming is very windy.

104. I love to camp.

105. I used to think that the only way to camp was in a tent on the ground.

106. Now I'm all for a nice travel trailer!

107. I hurt my tailbone giving birth to my son.

108. My husband says that proves he's a pain in the ass.

109. He's actually not. Well, not always.

110. I studied journalism under a former American hostage, who was held in Lebanon for 5 years.

111. I once changed the oil in my car all by myself.

112. Just once.

113. I like to play word games, like Boggle.

114. I'm not competitive.

115. I do like to play games, though. Like Phase 10, and Killer Bunnies.

UPDATED Aug. 22, 2008

116. I still have PPD

117. I don't take medication for it anymore.

118. Now I exercise to keep it at bay.

119. It works, but I have to be diligent.

120. I *love* my home.

121. I believe family is the most important thing in the world. Followed closely by friends.

122. I feel strongly about being involved in my children's education.

123. I did my first half marathon this summer, and finished second! (In my age and race catagories.)

124. I'm a conservative.

125. I love to write.

126. I don't do it often.

127. I love technology.

128. I take things personally, even when I know I shouldn't



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."








I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes