Sunday, March 13, 2005

Writing assignment

My last post saw me wallowing in writer's block. And then I received an assignment from the wonderful Lonna, of Mom and More:

"Let's see if I can help with a question... If you could buy ONE thing right now, at any store, what would it be? Only one thing, at any cost."


This is a tough choice for me, seeing as I love to shop, and have been limited in my shopping abilities for some time now.

The first thing that popped into my mind, though, was a new digital camera. The one I have is several years old, and only 2.0 megapixels. Pictures are very important to me, as a mother, and as a genealogist. I can't keep my children little, but if I can capture a moment - any moment - with my camera, I can keep a piece of that forever and ever. Pictures in a family tree are invaluable pieces of history. For me they make those names and dates come alive - they were real people. Pictures are also just a lot of fun, and a great way to see the world through someone else's eyes.

So I would love to replace my digital camera to increase the quality of my pictures. Of course if money were no object I would go for something like this, but really something over 5 megapixels with an SD slot would make me happy. And manual adjustments would be a nice bonus, as well, although even though I use to always take pictures manually, now that I'm a busy mom, I usually just let the camera make the adjustments automatically.

So let me turn this around on you. Do you have a digital camera? Which one, and what do you love and hate about it? And recommendations for me?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



No title
Thought for the day...
De-Energizer
Nobel Peace prize candidate, or just grasping at s...
If only this paid money!
Free will?
Gabriella's quip du jour
Perpetual Saturday
Of Lasagna and Donuts
Grandma





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes