Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Of Lasagna and Donuts

I've mentioned before that Bubblehead and I have been together since high school - fourteen years now. I think that may be why there is a child-like quality to our relationship at times. This is a conversation he and I had while watching TV recently.

Sitting watching TV, about 11:00 pm. Donuts flash upon the screen.

Me: "Wait! Pause it!"

Bubblehead pauses the TV

Me: "I want donuts!"

Bubblehead: stares at me blankly, knowing where this is going.

Me: "Really! I want donuts.... PLEASE!"

B: "Then go get some"

Me: "I can't go. I'm not dressed."

B: "Neither am I"

Me: "But you LOOK dressed"

B: "I can't go out in sweats" (Bubblehead has a rule about not going out in public in sweatpants. It just can't be done.)

Me: "Yes you can! It's after eleven! Between the hours of eleven pm and four am it's perfectly acceptable to go out in sweats." (If he can make up rules, then so can I)

B: "There won't be be any donuts at this time of night."

Me: "Yes, there will. PLEASE!"

B: "I'm not going out to get donuts!"

I give up, because though I really want a donut, I'm not going out to get one, and it's clear he isn't into the idea of fetching one for me. We go back to watching TV. Soon lasagna flashes upon the screen.

Me: "I want lasagna!!"

B: rolls his eyes at me and sighs. I think he's thinking that even though I'm the cutest thing he's ever laid eyes on and he loves me more than life itself, forever is a very long time when you begin it at nineteen.

No he never did go get me the lasagna or the donuts, but he's still more than I deserve.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Grandma
Introducing.... me!
Movie Quote Monday (a day late)
Home again, home again
On the road again
Finding peace
The power of words
Weekly blog round-up
Requested photos, part two
Requested photos, part one





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes