Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Just one more verse

Gabriella and I sing songs together before bedtime. I love this special time we spend together. I love to sing, but have a horrible voice, so I love the fact that as a mother there is no one else my kids would rather have sing to them than me. (For now)

I used to get to pick the songs, but now the boss does that. Tonight it was a rousing version of "Three Green and Speckled Frogs". I always lower my voice so that I can hear her, with all her little mispronunciations. We count down in the verses the green-and-speckled frogs: three, two, one. When we run out of frogs I look to her for our encore, to which she answers, (big grin on her face)...

"Ten green and speckled frogs, sittin' on a hollow log..."

I guess I'm not the only one who loves our time together.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Movie Quote Monday
Gabriella's quip du jour
20 random songs - again
Writing assignment
No title
Thought for the day...
De-Energizer
Nobel Peace prize candidate, or just grasping at s...
If only this paid money!
Free will?





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes