Thursday, December 09, 2004

Two peas in a pod

I was forced to send Gabriella to her room recently. (Okay, a lot, but let's not go there.) I have to close the door when I do this to keep my Little Man from wandering in and playing with her. You see, Little Man has never known a day of life without his big sister. He follows her everywhere. Anything she does, he has to do. Anything she has, he has to have. When he wakes up from his nap he immediately has to find Ella, and if she happens to still be asleep, it takes every ounce of my attention to keep him from waking her up.

Gabriella doesn't like to be sent to her room, therefore it makes a good punishment when such is called for. She lays on the floor on the other side of the closed door and cries, calling out for me to rescue her from the hell which at any other time is her playground.

There she is, laying on her floor, whimpering at me from under the crack, and Little Man is whimpering himself because of the absence of his playmate. He walks down the hall and lays himself down on the floor next to Gabriella's door. He reaches his hand under the crack and starts babbling to her in his baby talk. She stops crying and starts chattering back to him. There they are, comforting each other in their time of need.

Kids have a way of melting your heart when you are most angry with them.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Best of Blog Awards
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Open letter
Winter in Wyoming
Gabriella's quip du jour...
My Christmas Wish List
The stockings were hung by the dresser with care
What was lost has now been found
Fun stuff
Gabriella's quip du jour





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes