Monday, December 06, 2004

The stockings were hung by the dresser with care

I know you are all just dieing to hear a Gabriella story, but this is one of those moments that touched my heart, and so I'm going to write about it.

Gabriella has been a little butt lately. You all know I love her, but I'm afraid that is the only word that seems appropriate to describe her behavior. We've been struggling to teach her to clean up after herself, use her good manners (which she is normally very good at), and don't get me started on the potty training thing. All of this adds up to mother/daughter face-offs, which are never fun.

The other night after decking our halls with boughs of holly, we were eating dinner, as we are known to do. After pushing her food around her plate and complaining about the cuisine, Gabriella asked to be excused. We bid her farewell, and she was on her merry way, certainly out to destroy something, but because we were free to have adult dinner conversation, we didn't care.

Following a 10-minute silence we decided it was time to check on her, and we both got up and walked toward her room. As we are coming, our daughter starts pleading "No no no! You can't come in my room!"

"Oh, okay. I'm so sorry!" Like that has ever worked! With heightened determination, (and I must admit, fear) we walk into her room to find that she has decorated her room with socks! Little pink and green socks on the knobs of her dresser, white one on her nightstand. Red and blue and teal socks on her headboard.

"Gabriella, what have you done with all of your socks?"

"I'm decorating!"

We didn't get it at first, until she finally said, "Those are the stockings!"



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



What was lost has now been found
Fun stuff
Gabriella's quip du jour
We're sick - round one
Christmas Lights
Haloscan
I've entered a new level of blogdom
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Requisite Sappy Post
I gave birth to a Care Bear





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes