Monday, December 06, 2004

What was lost has now been found

Being a mommy is something I have always wanted. And now I am one. A dream come true, in a sick, twisted way I suppose. I was very disappointed to find that once the mommy in me came out, the rest of who I am ran for cover. Motherhood must have scared the crap out of those pieces of me, because I'm having a terribly difficult time recovering them.

Success #1. I have rediscovered the piano player in me. You may know from reading my 100 things list that I started playing the piano at the age of 5, and took lessons all through school. There were more years in there than I can remember that I wanted to quit taking lessons, but my mom wouldn't let me do it. (Thanks, Mom!)

I got married, moved to Georgia, and my piano didn't follow me. The lessons stopped, and so did my playing. Besides the occasional pounding out a familiar song, and playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for my kids, I haven't played since high school.

Over Thanksgiving while at my parent's house I dug out my Christmas books and sat down at the piano to really play. I couldn't believe the way it came back to me, and how much fun I was having. I was playing Christmas carols while Gabriella sang along. Little Man danced around. I actually felt the pride my mom had in me as she cleaned the kitchen and listened to me play.

Bam! There it was. It was me. Not Mommy, but Christine. It was hiding. It saw me come in the door, two whining children in tow, and it tried to get away, but this time I was fast enough. I saw it and I wrestled it to the floor.

Christine: Mommy, piano player. Not bad. I wonder how many other pieces are lurking out there. I know I heard one whimpering somewhere in the dark last night.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Fun stuff
Gabriella's quip du jour
We're sick - round one
Christmas Lights
Haloscan
I've entered a new level of blogdom
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Requisite Sappy Post
I gave birth to a Care Bear
Super Mom





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes