Saturday, November 27, 2004

Super Mom

Tonight as Spiral and I put the clean sheets on our bed, we had a small tragedy when our pillows got mixed up. I, being the anal retentive, borderline obsessive person that I am, am always careful to keep his pillows and my pillows separate. Luckily he averted certain disaster by pointing out that his pillows are the ones with drool marks on them. "If I were a super hero," he joked, "that would be my name. Drool Man!"

That got me thinking, what kind of a super hero would I be? Well that's a no-brainer, seeing as I have lost track of everything about myself that doesn't have to do with raising children. I would be

Super Mom!!

Able to instantly heal any boo boo with a single kiss. Able to please the most discriminating palate with a box of mac n' cheese. Able to shuffle coupons, bills, immunization schedules, and grocery lists with only minor paper cuts. Able to balance the tightest of budgets and still have room for a Happy Meal on occasion. Able to mend torn teddies and hurt feelings all at once. Able to read any Dr. Suess book without getting tongue-tied. Able to memorize all the lyrics to over 200 children songs and still remember my own name. Able to...

Sweetie, please. Mommy is busy right now. You're fine. No, it's not that much blood. Just go get a tissue. Run along now, and be quiet!

Now where was I? Oh yes, able to put everyone's needs above my own. I'm
Super Mom!!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Thanksgiving Day Challenge
My Genuine Bucks!
Gabriella's quip du jour
Gmail Invites
FYI
Oodles of Noodles
Gabriella's quip du jour
Is there such a thing as good pus?
Gabriella's quip du jour
Sunday in the Mommy Matters household





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes