Monday, November 22, 2004

Is there such a thing as good pus?

If you are easily nauseated or disgusted you may want to scan down a bit and read one of my other posts. You've been warned.

I recently went to the doctor for my annual visit (always fun) and pointed out to her this thing on my leg. It was just a little bump - it's been there for years, and I've always meant to point it out to one of my various doctors over the years but this was the time I did it. She said that even though she didn't think it was anything to worry about she would like to remove it and have a biopsy done just to be on the safe side.

So that is what I did, and now I have this lovely... hole in my skin on my upper thigh. It is really disgusting. It looks like a crater. Gabriella saw it and then told Spiral "Mommy has a rip on her leg!" I'm to keep it covered and not get it wet until it scabs over and looks more... normal, I guess. I'm going through a lot of Band-Aids. It doesn't really hurt, although my pants irritate it, so I have a great excuse to wear my flannel pajama pants all day long.

I neglected to ask how long it would take for it to become normal. Right now it's full of pus. It doesn't look or feel infected. Spiral says this is "good pus", whatever that means.

I am now taking donations for my artificial leg, just incase. If you are interested in contributing, e-mail me.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
Sunday in the Mommy Matters household
Downward Spiral
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Where's the love?
The Mean, Ugly Mommy-beast vs. the Drama Queen
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Ta Da!!
Personal note
Proof of my success...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes