Friday, December 03, 2004

We're sick - round one

The "sickies" are making the rounds, and our home is apparently not exempt. Spiral brought it home, and please don't think me cold-hearted when I say that this alone was okay, in that it didn't affect me much.

Then Gabriella got it. This normally would affect me, but it just so happened that we were staying at my parents house at the time, and in her eyes Grandma is so much better than Mommy. When Grandma is around, she is the only one who can do anything right, unless of course she says no, in which case she cries for Mommy. Anyway, I lucked out there.

Now my Little Man has it, and it is definitely affecting me. His little whines and cries are just a sad, weakened version of what they were. His eyes are watery, giving him that "I'm just about to cry" look. When he sneezes he blows snot two feet in front of him, requiring me to have Kleenex constantly at the ready. All in all, he is very pathetic looking.

His room has become a laboratory of humidifiers with essential oils to clear his nose, creams, medications, tissues, and the very worst - the booger sucker. (Nasal aspirator, but we call it a booger sucker.) If you've never had the pleasure of using one of these on a child color yourself lucky. Spiral and I fight over who has to perform this act of torture. (I generally win, due to the fact that he cannot resist my feminine wiles He insists it is this alone that is the reason the kids prefer me over him.)

The inevitable is coming you know. I am next on the hit list. It has already started. I'm pretty sure the kids aren't going to be too sympathetic. They never bring me hot tea or a blankie when I'm sick. Where is my mommy contract? I'd like to renegotiate my benefits!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Christmas Lights
Haloscan
I've entered a new level of blogdom
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Requisite Sappy Post
I gave birth to a Care Bear
Super Mom
Thanksgiving Day Challenge
My Genuine Bucks!
Gabriella's quip du jour





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes