Monday, December 20, 2004

Mommy Matters bad ideas for Christmas

Join me in a three part series I'm referring to as "Christmas Toy Shopping 2004". For the first installment I have compiled for you a list of the most inane (in my opinion) Christmas gifts for this year. This list is in no way comprehensive.*

  • Dancin' Boohbah. I've seen these things up close, and there is no educational value as far as I can see. They are just a more annoying Teletubbies rip-off. (And to the mother who said, and I quote, "Zumbah Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!", please leave your house more often!)

  • Sand and Water Table. This is just an example of the several sand and water tables available. I can see the value and fun in the toy, however I don't believe that these toys are used for such nice, constructive play as is shown in the picture. I think 95% of kids would just be mixing the sand and the water, sitting in the sand and/or the water, and dumping the majority of the sand and the water onto the ground, making it just a huge mess. Skip this one, and let them have a bucket of water in their sandbox.

  • Disney Pop Dreamer Talking Ari Doll
    . Are you serious? I'm suppose to buy my child a doll, that first of all has two other dolls that go with her, so we will have to have all three, and second of all, it's only redeeming quality is it makes noise? It will even tell you what outfit it's wearing. No thanks, I'll pass.

  • Disney Princess Talking Wand. This one is simply a stick with a sharp, five-pointed star on the end that makes annoying sounds. Looks like the perfect recipe for a giggling toddler, a crazy parent ready to tear their hair out, and a younger sibling with a black eye. Next!

  • Anything Bratz! Is this really the image you want your 6 year old to emulate? Let's teach our children to grow up and wear midriff-baring shirts, mini skirts, high heels, and more make-up than a hooker, shall we?

Have no fear! Here at Mommy Matters I am not going to just trash talk. Tune into tomorrow's installment, where I will let you know what you should be getting your kids this Christmas!

*Please note: no personal offence is meant if you have chosen one of these toys for your youngster. The views expressed here are merely my own, are made mainly for entertainment's sake, and are not based on personal experience with the product. No disrespect is meant to those who own, make, or sell these products. I am not a toy expert, and any opinion here should not be taken as advice.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Movie Quote Monday
I've been upgraded!
The giving tree
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Shopping hell...
Hi, I'm Christine, and I'm a TV-o-holic
Yes, I'm going to blog about it - again
Gmail
Another first
Liar, Liar





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes