Thursday, December 16, 2004

Yes, I'm going to blog about it - again

The babysitter worked out great. The kids had fun with her, and she did a great job. (Yes, she put Little Man's diaper on backwards, but no harm done.) I probably overpaid her, but the way I saw it, I normally don't need to pay for a babysitter thanks to my ever-there-for-me family, so on those rare occasions when I need her, I'll pay her well so she'll want to help me out again.

On to the restaurant! I dined last night with my mother and father, brother and sister-in-law. The atmosphere was just fabulous! It has the feel of an upscale, big city restaurant, which is like nothing else we have here in this small city. There was a buzz in the air. Everyone there was having a wonderful time!

This was a complimentary meal so that the staff could practice. So of course no expense was spared. (The only catch was they asked everyone at the table to order something different, so that the chefs could have practice with everything on the menu.) Several of us ordered appetizers. I had the hummus with cucumbers, pita bread, and mediterranian olives (please excuse my spelling - I'm in a hurry). It was wonderful! My entree was the salmon, with lemon mashed potatoes and green beans. (I forget what the sauce was on the salmon, but it was very tasty!) The plate presentation was very elegant. I tasted several of the dishes from around the table, including the pork chop (huge!), the Kobe beef (it melts in your mouth!) and the Caeser salad. (The dressing is the traditional, from-scratch dressing - yummy!) There was not a complaint to be had. Besides the servers being a little awkward, everything was perfect.

For dessert we had ice cream on crepes and creme brulee (O.M.G.) Their coffee service includes french press coffee (pressed at the table), including a plate of additions for those who like that sort of thing. (The plate included chocolate shavings - both dark and white, fresh whipped cream, cinnimon sticks, and raw sugar "cubes".) The same plate comes with their tea service, which is loose leaf tea, again steeped at the table, so the tea drinker can decide on the steep time. (Me, being a tea snob, had a little influence over this. I just hate restaurants that bring you one tea bag and a little hot water and leave you at that!)

The whole evening was topped off with a tour of the historic building, hosted by Spiral himself. I seriously could go on, but I'm not sure you're interested, and my kiddos just woke up - it's time to go run errands.

I know some of you have had questions about the restaurant and Spiral's position there. I hope that you understand that he is trying to maintain some kind of anonymity online. Wyoming is a small-town kind of state, and most people here, and certainly everyone in our town, would know exactly which restaurant he works for. He may be more comfortable answering your questions via email in a more "private" setting.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gmail
Another first
Liar, Liar
The Eventual Restaurant
Where have you been, young man!!
Sadness
BOB is open for business!
Evidence that I am a freak
Two peas in a pod
Best of Blog Awards





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes