Sunday, December 12, 2004

Liar, Liar

It's time for me to use my blog once again as a therapy session. This is where I pour out my terrible, awful secrets in hopes that I can change my wicked ways. (I know what you're thinking, and I would just make an appointment with Sigmund, Carl, and Alfred, but the good ones never come cheap, and I have 2 children to spoil this Christmas.)

Back to my problems. I lie to my daughter. When Little Man gets old enough I will probably lie to him as well. I'm seriously ashamed of myself, but it's true, and the worst part is I will probably continue to do this until they start catching on.

The lie I tell most often pertains to her nightly need for water. You know the ol' routine: jammies on, last chance for a snack, brush the teeth, don't forget to go potty, a couple of stories, turn on the lullabies, hugs and kisses and lots of goodnights, blah blah blah. Gabriella requires a glass of water next to her bed for those middle-of-the-night thirst emergencies. (In this case it's a leak-proof sippy cup, because she's three, and loves to make messes.)

The sippy cup stays in her room, and every 3 or 4 nights we throw it in the dishwasher and get her a fresh one. The nights we "recycle" the sippy cup, she insists on "fresh water". Meaning I have to take the sippy cup, dump its contents, and refill it with fresh-from-the-tap water.

Well let me tell you that I spend all day, every day with this little girl, and by the time we get to bedtime I'm in a fairly big rush to turn that light out and hit the couch leaving her behind to dream what I'm sure must be sweet Care Bear dreams. I don't always feel like spending another 90 seconds of my day waiting on her. So on occasion, when she asks for her fresh water, I will lie to her and tell her, "This is fresh water! I refilled it while Daddy was brushing your teeth."

I know this is wrong, and do feel bad. Really I do. But seriously, can you blame me?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



The Eventual Restaurant
Where have you been, young man!!
Sadness
BOB is open for business!
Evidence that I am a freak
Two peas in a pod
Best of Blog Awards
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Open letter
Winter in Wyoming





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes