Monday, August 07, 2006

Never to be underestimated - the power of a hot shower

Ahhhh..... now that I no longer smell like smoke and... well, lets just leave it at smoke, shall we. I'm back from our "big family camping trip". Lots of campfire cooking, canoeing, laughing, and unfortunately for my brother and sis-in-law, congestion. Not a whole lot more to say about that. I've got a busy week ahead of me - heading out of town for school shopping, and I've started a writting class - part of a promise to myself. Wish me luck with that. I'll leave you for now with the recipe we threw together for breakfast the other morning - a big hit with all.

Fiddler's Skillets

In one cast iron pan, scramble eggs with a little milk. In another, cook up cubed potatoes, diced onions, breakfast sausage, polish sausage, and bacon. Place one-serving sized portions of eggs and potato/meat mixture in the middle of a sheet of tin foil. Top with cubes of cream cheese and grated Cheddar. Wrap up and place in coals to melt the cheese. Eat right out of the foil. (I will note here that some chose not to put their breakfast into the fire, and enjoyed the coldness of the cream cheese. I myself melted mine down and mixed it all in. Your choice.)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Mama Lama Ding Dong!
Ahhhh, sweet relief!
Arachnophobia
Ella's self portrait
Inane Ramblings
You can't talk to three year olds
Reason #4 I miss living in a big city
The post in which she shows off her gorgeous kids
~ Do Not Disturb ~
Avast Maties!





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes