Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ahhhh, sweet relief!

We, like the rest of the country, have been suffering a heat wave for the last several weeks. Our little window "cooler" helps, but just barely. We've taken to actually hosing off the roof in the evenings to help cool the house down before the kids go to bed. (Yes, it does actually help.)

Bubblehead told me last week that they were asking people in Wyoming, Montana and Colorado to not use their air conditioners so that California could cool off. Sorry California - I'm sure you're near-death miserable, but I have two kids that will not sleep until 10:30 if I can't cool this house off to 80, and my fragile mental stability is teetering on the brink as it is.

Today, however, we awoke to grey skies and a lovely breeze, which normally I would complain about. But today I hold my tongue, and open the doors to invite that breeze in. Welcome Wind! I know I've cursed you in the past, but let's let bygones be bygones, shall we? I'm actually chilly! I have goosebumps! Yippie!!

I hope that where ever you are, you are getting some relief as well.

On a completely separate note, I will be featuring a virtual book tour here at Mommy Matters on Thursday. Be sure to stop by for my exclusive interview with the author!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Arachnophobia
Ella's self portrait
Inane Ramblings
You can't talk to three year olds
Reason #4 I miss living in a big city
The post in which she shows off her gorgeous kids
~ Do Not Disturb ~
Avast Maties!
Gabriella's quip du jour
I'm just drawing a blank on a title for this one -...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes