Monday, July 24, 2006

Inane Ramblings

While I have not been very good about keeping my blog up-to-date this summer, I have to brag a little and say I have made huge improvements in my housekeeping skills, as well as taking better care of myself. I'm babystepping my way to a better me. I know many of you have heard about FlyLady, and perhaps have even tried it out. I'm here to tell you it works, but only if you put your faith in her system, and just do as she tells you. The shiny sink and shoes really are important, no matter how silly they may seem. I've done it several times over the years with varying success, but this time I just did it without question, and it has worked! YEAH ME!

The other thing that has really helped me with this is that new all-purpose spray - Clorox Anywhere Hard Surface spray. I can use it anywhere on practically anything. (And it doesn't smell perfume-y - it actually smells clean!)

My new thing: homemade bagels! Yum-O! Actually I'm much more into cooking and baking in general lately. And speaking of Yum-O, Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals haven't let me down yet!

T-minus 29 days until school starts here. (Not that I'm counting or anything.) Ella will be in all-day kindergarten (which I have minor issues with, but I'm sure she will do fine with it), and Little Man starts preschool 2 mornings a week. Which gives me a precious 6 hours a week on my own!

We are getting ready for a big camping trip in a few weeks. (This is one of my sister-in-law and my deals, so there is a lot of over planning and organizing involved!) We're finalizing the menu now. We are really hoping it will be cooler up on the mountain - it has been unbearably hot here!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



You can't talk to three year olds
Reason #4 I miss living in a big city
The post in which she shows off her gorgeous kids
~ Do Not Disturb ~
Avast Maties!
Gabriella's quip du jour
I'm just drawing a blank on a title for this one -...
What is up with Blogger?
And speaking of the circus....
Checking in





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes