Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And speaking of the circus....

We recently took the kids to the circus when it came through a neighboring town, and I just have to post here about how disappointing it was. First of all, we paid $16 per adult (we had coupons to get the kids in free, but at that price they aren't fooling me - we paid for the kids as well.) That's okay - at least they were up front about that. The really dirty part was when we got into the tent, all the seats anywhere near the center ring were blocked off, and you had to pay to "upgrade" your ticket if you wanted to sit there - anywhere from $2-$5 per person. So we sat on the end in the horrible seats. The kids couldn't see anything, so to keep them entertained we bought cotton candy and popcorn and sno cones - at a premium price of course. The tent was terriblely hot, and the seats were dirty. While there were a couple of impressing acts, most of them were sub par. (Come on people - you are putting on a show - smile, or look like you're having fun or something!) Yes, the little girls with the hula hoops were good, but not $16 good.

Ella was so excited about seeing the circus, but afterwards when asked what her favorite part was she said "the cotton candy". If the Carson & Barnes circus comes near you, save yourself a lot of money, and skip it.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Checking in
This is all I have for ya right now
Alexander's quip du jour - Updated*
Well, I've solved that problem....
Reason #17 I miss living in a big city
Kindergarten Drama
Gabriella's quip du jour
Stupidity
Bad, Bad Blogger
A little help?





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes