Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, I've solved that problem....

Remember a while back when I posted about my shift in musical taste? Not even that my tastes have changed, but that I just don't get to listen to what I love anymore, and I don't know what is new and "cool". I've now made great steps in solving that. How did I do it you ask? Well let me tell you.

First, I discovered a wonderful singer who sings about being a mother! How cool is that? If you ask me it's a topic that is highly overlooked considering how many of us devote our lives to raising children. Tina deVaron sings about the frustrations, joys, and heartaches we all experience as mothers. Her CD "Water Over Stones" has some really great songs, including "Mom Is Not My Real Name", "Barely Still a Boy", and "Come Home to Me". Not only is this CD jazzy and fun, but it is so relate-able! (If that a word? It is now.)

The second thing I did was notice that I loved all the music played on one of my new favorite TV shows. So I went to iTunes and collected as many of them as I could, and BAM! Instant playlist full of up-and-coming music! Oh sure, I still listen to Laurie Berkner and Veggie Tales (because come on, you can't beat "The Pirates That Don't Do Anything"!), but now I'm also listening to Psapp, Jem, The Ditty Bops, Anna Nalick, and others. (Bonus points if you can guess what show they all have in common.)

So now that I've got me some new music, I'm off to conquer potty training. (And by the way, if you are going to be checking in with me to read my post on how I conquered potty training, do me a favor and don't hold your breath - I don't want to be responsible for any brain damage or death. Thanks.)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Reason #17 I miss living in a big city
Kindergarten Drama
Gabriella's quip du jour
Stupidity
Bad, Bad Blogger
A little help?
Let's party!
Little Man has a little attitude
Gabriella's quip du jour
Taking Ella to school.





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes