Sunday, June 19, 2005

Twelve years

Today is our twelveth anniversary. I don't feel old enough to be married twelve years. (Although the truth is I barely am.) We are getting very close to the point where I have been with him for half of my life. I can't imagine life without him.

So twelve years ago today was filled with the typical wedding prep kind of stuff. There was some pounding of my hairbrush against the countertop, as was typical of me in my younger days when my hair wasn't just so. There were tears and nerves, and lots of smiles.

But we didn't spend the entire day doing the traditional wedding day things. We spent the morning... are you ready for this?... together! (the crowd gasps in horror!) Yes, we hung out together the morning before our wedding. We took some friends to the local museum, and then went out to lunch, just as if it were any ordinary day. We sat around eating burritos and chatting as if our entire lives weren't about to change forever. Typical teenagers - they don't take anything seriously!

Actually this is a bit surprising seeing as I am a little superstitous. We look back on it now and think it a funny way to spend your wedding day. But that's us I guess.

I still remember years and years ago when we were living in Georgia he and I walked into a video store one afternoon to rent some movies. As we walked in the girl behind the counter said to us, "You two just look like you belong together." To this day, it's one of the best compliments I've gotten.

Happy Anniversary Bubblehead - I love you 8!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



To all you dads
In honor of tomorrow
The Sound of Muzik
"Shave the Beard" campaign update
Gabriella's quip du jour
It's official - I have a crush!
Requested photos, round 5
Blogging from the bathroom (consider yourself warned)
I love you, you know!
The right choice





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes