Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The right choice

Have you seen the new Wendy's commercial? As a general rule I hate commercials - I can't believe that marketing "experts" think these stupid ads are going to reach out to us and make us want to buy whatever they are selling.

But this one I like. (Not for any reason associated with Wendy's, though.)

A drawer full of T-shirts, with one that says "wear this one".

A car with a sticker that says "the right car".

A paint swatch card with the word "yes" on one of the colors.

I wish life could be like this! I'd love to open the yellow pages up to preschools and find the answer plainly in front of me. I'd really like to walk up to the parenting section of the bookstore and find a nice big note on a potty-training book that says "do it this way". It would make my day to go into the grocery store and come out with even just one item that guarentees my kids will eat it.

Do you know how much money I've wasted on sippy cups? I've bought just about every sippy cup on the market trying to find just the right one - one my kids have an easy time with, that doesn't resemble a baby bottle, but doesn't leak when turned upside-down and shaken vigorously. Why can't they just tell you on the package "This sippy cup will actually make quite a mess, and your kids won't like it."

"Don't buy that car!"

"Take this job"

"You might not want to leave your car parked on the street here, even though it's locked."

"Don't trust this guy"

"The price of gas is cheaper 20 miles down the road"

"Play these lottery numbers"

No, life could never be this easy, could it. I know we need to struggle, make our own decisions - and mistakes. It builds character, right? I think my character is pretty alright. I'm not perfect, but I'm working on it, which is all any of us can do. Wouldn't it be nice if just once in a blue moon, something was as easy as this?

What if it was. What would your sign say?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Requested photos, round 4
Thoughts from the outdoors
"Shave the Beard" campaign of 2005
Gabriella's quip du jour
As promised...
Truck on over...
Uh-oh
Two years ago today...
Two Years Old - a comparison
We interrupt this sappy moment to bring you this i...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes