Tuesday, February 08, 2005

A new beginning?

We were just finishing up lunch today, and Gabriella was on the phone to her grandma, to tell her about her latest favorite color, and I was chasing Little Man when Spiral came in - about 12 hours early. (This is often a bad sign.)

Yes, he was let go. No more job. No more money (beyond what he has earned to this point - we will be getting another month's worth of pay). No more insurance. Thanks for helping to build my restaurant from the ground up, and making it one of the nicest places in the state - see ya!

The worst part about this whole thing is he was let go over something that did not occur. I don't want to go into too much detail, but the gist is someone said that he said something in a room full of people that he never said. When the owner talked to him about this, these people stood up for him and said that in fact he did not say this. The owner decided he would rather cut ties than risk a lawsuit. Forget all the loyalty Spiral has shown this guy and his restaurant. Forget all the trust he has earned. Forget that he actually BELIEVES Spiral, but needs to put his pocketbook first.

Eventual Restaurant has officially closed. Go over for the last time and show a little support for Spiral under his last post. He is feeling betrayed, and rightfully so. On a whim someone decided to mess with his life and won.

It all is just a little recent for us, as he was laid off from the airline industry less than a year ago. It's very surreal right now. We will be fine. Things will be good. But right now, we are feeling a little beaten down and used. And scared...



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Bam!
Gabriella's quip du jour
Desperately seeking a URL
Having a third child
Win Prizes - Save Lives
Movie Quote Monday
Which would you choose?
Four years of friendship and this is what I get
The horrible post in which she talks about her hair
The Witching Hour





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes