Sunday, February 06, 2005

Four years of friendship and this is what I get

I have this friend - maybe you know her? She and I "met" over 4 years ago when we were both pregnant with our daughters (who are both named Gabriella, coincidently). She sent a cozy handmade blanket to my son when he was born 2 years later. We've seen each other through all the ups and downs the years have brought.

She apparently reads my blog, though she prefers to be a lurker. She's been lurking here for quite some time and just recently put two and two together and realized that Christine, author of this blog, is the same Christine she has known for four years. (Looks like she's not getting enough caffine.)

And now my dear frind has tagged me with this musical meme. Hey, what are friends for if not for giving you something to blog on an otherwise slow weekend. So just for you, Jenn, because I love ya!

Random 10 songs from my playlist

  • Hope That I Get Old Before I Die - They Might Be Giants
  • That Summer - Garth Brooks
  • With Arms Wide Open - Creed
  • You Aint Much Fun Since I Quit Drinkin' - Toby Keith
  • In The Belly of the Whale - Newboys
  • Stand - REM
  • Need You Tonight - INXS
  • It's Oh So Quiet - Bjork
  • Come On Eileen - Save Ferris
  • Creep - Radiohead

1. What is the total amount of music on your playlist?
830 songs (on my mini ipod - I have more on my computer downstairs.)

2. What is the last CD you bought?
Um, I honestly can remember, it's been that long. Spiral bought me the latest Cure CD for Christmas, though.

3. What is the last song you listened to before this message?
All The Pretty Little Horses, wafting from Little Man's room

4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

  • Pictures of You - The Cure (My and Spiral's song)
  • Make a Little Birdhouse in your Soul - They Might Be Giants (My personal motto)
  • Silent Lucidity - Queensryche (For reasons explains previously)
  • This Is Me Missing You - James House (Always made me cry when Spiral was out to sea.)
  • Down In It - Nine Inch Nails (Reminds me of my youth, dating Spiral)

5. Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three people and why)?

  1. Garnet, because she and I have been having a lot of fun lately discussing music.
  2. Spiral, because he doesn't update his blog often enough!
  3. Carson, because I wonder what she and Whatshisname listen to.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



The horrible post in which she talks about her hair
The Witching Hour
Help save the babies
My glass is half empty full
Weekly blog round-up
Read any good books lately?
Gabriella's quip du jour...
Thank you
A Conversation
Silent Lucidity





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes