Friday, February 11, 2005

The magic couch

My mother has couch in her living room. It's completely white, and long, with a couple of matching rectangular pillows up against the arm at each side. She has owned it longer than I've been around. It sits in the living room, which in her home is different and seperate from the family room. The living room has always been a more formal place - a place for adults to sit and visit. There is no TV in the living room, so growing up I didn't spend much time there.

Now that I'm an adult, I spend more time there. The living room is right off her kitchen, which is where we spend most of our time there, and the living room is where the kids play, and we sit with a cup or tea and visit, or read. I'm much more familiar with that couch now.

Even though it's soft and comfortable, I've always seen it as more formal - not a place I would lay down and take a nap. Recently, though, we have discovered the magical powers of this couch. Anytime someone lays down on it, they are instantly so comfy that they can't help but fall asleep. It has gotten a reputation for being "the" place to take a nap.

Now every Saturday after our weekly pancake breakfast when I'm wondering where Spiral has disappeared to, I have to look no further than the magic couch. There he will be, in the middle of our children knocking over castles of blocks with great zeal, fast asleep.

Damn it! I was going to lay there!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
Weekly blog round-up
Raffle Time!!
Ma Ingalls
Thank you!!
A new beginning?
Bam!
Gabriella's quip du jour
Desperately seeking a URL
Having a third child





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes