Monday, November 08, 2004

Dear Little Man,

I understand you are trying to play a game with me. You are doing a wonderful job making this part obvious. It happens every day - I'm in the kitchen, and you are in the living room. The baby gate seperates us. You bring your ball and toss it over the gate to me in your clumsy baby way, big grin on your face. You start chattering instructions to me. I desperately wish I could understand these instructions! Oh if I could just respond in the way you are looking for I would, dear son. I am not trying to cause you to be angry with me.

I have tried everything I can think of to continue your game. I've rolled the ball under the gate to you. I've brought it over and placed it back in your tiny hand. I've tossed it back in the same manner you did. I've even tried just leaving the ball where it is, thinking that perhaps this ball has offended you in some way and what I perceived as a game was merely you punishing the ball with exile. Every time I am met with your shrill voice ringing in my ears - your pre-English protests.

Little boy, I know you think great things of your Mommy, but I am only human, and I don't understand your toddler speak. I am trying, and you are getting better at speaking my language, but we are just not in sync yet verbally. You are going to have to help me out more with this one. Perhaps you could get your sister to translate for us, as she always claims to know your every thought.

Until then, I guess I will just continue with rolling the ball under the gate to you, as this is my preference, and if it can't be about you, it might as well be about me.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Andrew....
Gabriella's quip du jour
I finally did it!
Why Me?
Holy Laptop Batman! This is the life!
Laurie has a pig on her head
Public Service Announcement
Election Day
She took the words right out of my head
The "secret" family recipe





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes