Thursday, November 04, 2004

Holy Laptop Batman! This is the life!

My hubby has this week off. Kind of a small break before the resteraunt opens and I never see him again. He is doing what any loving, family man would do, and is taking off into the back country with my dad for a three day backpacking trip. These men, though I love them muches, are nuts. Why would you go out into the mountains of Wyoming in November? There is snow out there people! Really, it's okay with me. They are their toes. They can freeze them off if they want to.

So while they brave freezing temperatures I am at home with the LAPTOP! The laptop is hubby's, and he uses it for work, so it's rare that it's here in our home. I get to use it some evenings to surf or play SIMS, but that's it. I have always dreamed of a laptop of my very own. One I can keep on the kitchen counter during the day so I can use the internet and not have to haul my kids down to the basement, where they are sure to get into trouble, even with me sitting feet from them. With hubby off in the wilderness, the laptop is here with me!

I am currently sitting at the kitchen table, enjoying a bagle and tea, while my kids are playing My Little Ponies. This is wonderful! I have technology right here at my fingertips while I unload the dishwasher. I can get some housework done and still "check my stuff" (which is how I refer to anything I might want to do on the internet, so as to make it sound a bit more important than it actually is).

I've been down in the dumps lately because I'm having a hard time keeping the house clean while dealing with my blog explosion addiction, and I've promised myself that I am not going to let the computer distract me from my responsibilities anymore, but this is seriously going to put a damper on that. Excuse me while I make another cup of tea...



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Laurie has a pig on her head
Public Service Announcement
Election Day
She took the words right out of my head
The "secret" family recipe
November...
Mindless entertainment
My favorite things
A Letter To My Boobs
Congratulations, you won 25 credits!





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes