Monday, November 14, 2005

Goodbye good friend


Kabiel & Ella
Originally uploaded by kabiel.
If you know me online you may know me as kabiel, which is my often-used username around the internet. I stole the name from my little K-9 friend, seen here with Ella.

We got Kabiel from my cousin, who bred Chows for a while, while we were living in Georgia. She kept me company while Bubblehead went out to sea. She was the cutest little puppy, and ornery from the day she was born. Ornery, but sweet. Just a good dog.

She loved "playing" with other animals. Among her prize catches was a oppossum, an armidillo, and two birds. Sadly (or fortunately, depending who you are in this scenario) she never caught the much sought-after squirrel.

She moved clear across the country with us, in the back of our car. She and her brother Kaleb shared the back seat, and she just stretched right out on that seat. Poor Kaleb slept sitting up leaning against the window.

Kabiel hasn't been well lately. She was coming up on her 11th birthday next month, but it became more and more apparent to us that she wouldn't make it that far. Today when the snow started blowing I went to bring the dogs in, but Kabiel wouldn't get up and come in for me. I had to brush the snow off of her and pick her up and carry her in. I laid her on a towel near me in the living room. She rolled over a few times while I watched TV. When I took the kids outside to play in the snow, she didn't want to join us.

Bubblehead spent some time scratching Kabiel's ears tonight, and he said he even got a few little tail wags out of her. We could see that she was on her way out, and we decided to take her into the vet in the morning to have her put to sleep.

But Kabiel decided to go at home, while the kids were eating suckers and laughing at their Daddy.

Goodbye little girl. Thank you for making me feel safe all those nights we spent by ourselves. Thank you for letting me scratch that soft spot right near the tip of your nose, even though I know you didn't really like it. Thank you for putting up with the kids when they wanted to "feed" you leaves.

I'm sorry little girl. I miss you...



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Ta Da!!!!
As requested...
Random thoughts from me
My daughter the composer
Gabriella's quip du jour
Happy Halloween!
More further evidence that I'm a freak*
I'm sorry, you have the wrong number
World Premiere!! Alexander's quip du jour
I really am a caring mother...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes