Monday, June 27, 2005

Pass the aloe

Did I forget to mention my stupidity? (Of course I did!) Upon arriving at Water World on Saturday I sat my family down with a large bottle of sunblock and started slathering. Bubblehead and I proceeded to cover every square inch of our children, and then while I was finishing up I sent Bubblehead off to get a locker to lock up our valuables. (No, not the children.)

Bubblehead decided to take his chances with the sun, because he is darker than I am, and has had much exposure to the sun already this summer, he didn't bother with any sunscreen at all. (Nutcase that he is.) I, on the other hand, am about as white as they come, and I have learned the hard way over the years that this white girl was just meant to be white. There will be no gorgeous glowing tans for me, so I've stopped trying. I covered myself with the same SPF 2000 that my kids got, and was very careful, because on my list of the last things I need, a suburn is #27. When Bubblehead arrived back I even had him dab the part in my hair with sunscreen. Off we went.

Did you happen to catch what I forgot?... Yeah, me either. Until later that night when I was trying on outfits at a Fort Collins retail store and caught a glimpse of my back as I pulled my shirt up over my head. Oops!

I remembered the PART IN MY HAIR and forgot about my back. Lovely, Christine. At least I saved my babies from the pain and suffering that is sunburn.

I'm in pain! Bubblehead is at work, and Gabriella wouldn't dream of getting goo on her hands! Can anyone get my back for me?

Anyone??

And for those of you who may have wondered: No, Bubblehead did not get burned. He spent 4.5 hours in the sun with the rest of us and is sporting a lovely, dark tan with not an inch of redness. I hate him.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Catching up
Another post in my continuing series on my PPD
Thank you!!
No post today
Twelve years
To all you dads
In honor of tomorrow
The Sound of Muzik
"Shave the Beard" campaign update
Gabriella's quip du jour





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes