Sunday, May 01, 2005

We interrupt this blog to bring you this important message...

Please note: Mother's Day is one week away. Do not forget to recognize the mothers in your life (and for those of you who may be a little slow, just because she is your wife and not your mother does not get you off the hook.)

You don't have to do a lot or spend a lot to mark this occassion, but please be advised it must be marked in some way.

This isn't hard guys. In just a few minutes on the computer I found this and this and this and this - all great gift ideas.

I can think of scores more. A spa certificate, time to herself, let her sleep in, a digital camera, a special dinner out, a handmade cards by her kids, a special picture of those she loves, a laptop, a heart-felt card, more time to herself, a mother's necklace, that book she's been wanting, her favorite movie on DVD, lots of time to herself, a poem, a blog redesign, help with the dishes, a new car, a pretty new watch, her favorite perfume, a solo vacation, lots and lots of time to herself....

For best results, please consult individual mother on her preference of gift. Gift should not be made or purchased on Mother's Day to avoid hurt feelings and crying. Individual results may vary.

Seriously though, speaking as a mother, no matter what else we do in our lives, this is the most difficult, most impacting, and most important thing we will ever do. Please be sure to let the mothers in your life know that they are wonderful, they are doing a fantastic job, and that they are appreciated. It's a little thing, but it really means so very much. And you've got one whole week to work on it! ;)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
Don't you hate it when...
Are you kidding me?
Weekly Blog Round-Up
Breaking my heart
Scars
Free business tip
Highway 20
Moving update
Manky





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes