Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Scars

I remember as a teenager having a conversation with a friend about scars. She said she would never want to have a scar removed because they all have a story behind them - they are a part of who you are. Hmmm, I don't know.

Over my thirty years I have acquired a few scars - a few on my forehead, one on my shin, another on my thigh. None of these scars have a cool story behind them. In fact most of them have a rather embarrassing story to go along with them. The least embarrassing of the bunch is the scar I got from this.

Bubblehead has some scars, too, but all of his seem to have some really cool story with them. He has a scar on his leg that he got while rock climbing, and he fell a short distance and gashed it up. He's got one from a motorcycle, and another one on his arm that involved alcohol.

My newest scar (which I still have hopes will disappear completely one day) looks like I could have gotten it while rock climbing. Maybe I'll just make up story to go with it, to tell this summer when I'm sure to be asked about it. (I don't have to mention that it's really from this, do I?)

So if scars and the incidents behind them really do make up who you are, what does that say about me? Certainly not daring, or risk-taking. Just klutzy, I'm afraid.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Free business tip
Highway 20
Moving update
Manky
Balderdash, round 2
You know it's time to move out of Grandma's house ...
Spring in Wyoming
Gabriella's quip du jour
My Fairy Blog Mother
Superstitions





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes