Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My Fairy Blog Mother

MommaK of Petroville has declared today "Thank your Fairy Blog Mother Day"! (I completely forgot to get to Hallmark and pick up a card!) What a great idea! I'm sure we all have a blog or two that inspired us to start our own blog. I am no different, and so I would like to take the time to thank her publically.

My Fairy Blog Mother is Melissa, of Suburban Bliss. You know Melissa, yes? (If you don't, get your head out of your a$$ and go visit her!) But she has done so much more for me that inspire me to start writing again.

Melissa and I have "known" each other (we've never met - we're internet friends) for over five years now. We met on a board online before we got pregnant with our four-year-olds. We then got pregnant about the same time. Max and Gabriella were born 10 days apart.

We've been posting on a board together ever since. After the birth of Little Man, I started struggling. I lost all my patience, and wasn't enjoying life anymore. I finally opened up to my friends about this. I credit Melissa, and another friend of ours (Hi Patti!) for helping me to see that I was depressed, and should get some help.

Melissa shared with me a lot of what she has gone through, and made me see that it's okay to take medication if it can help you feel better. Because of her, I am able to talk about my depression here, and I feel better because of it.

Melissa is a wonderful writer. Suburban Bliss is one of the first places I direct my internet browser to every day. It isn't any wonder that she is getting more and more attention for her work. She will write a book one day, I'm sure of it. I hope she will sign my copy.

And because of her writing, I decided to try my hand at it. Not only am I writing, which is a great "therapy" for me, and a great way to record things I would like to save for my children, but I have been able to meet you because of it. (Yes, YOU!)

So thank you, Melissa! Thank you for helping me through PPD, for being such a great friend, for being so open with me, for continuing to share your life with me through your blog, and for inspiring my humble little blog! I appreciate it more than you know!

And maybe one day we will actually get to meet! (I promise not to hug you! ;)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Superstitions
Shoes
Five to One, and still awake
Inquiring minds want to know
Gabriella's quip du jour
The Titanic sails into history
April 15, 1912 - 2:05 am
Lifeboats are launched
April 15, 1912
April 14, 1912 - 11:39 pm





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes