Saturday, April 16, 2005

Inquiring minds want to know

J&J's Mom of Millersville has kindly decided to interview me. I find her questions to be very well thought-out. I hope my answers do them justice.

1. You are on the Titanic and it's sinking fast...what are you thinking?
It's easy in hindsight to say that I'm staying calm, and getting my butt to a lifeboat ASAP. To be honest though, if I were in that situation it's hard to say. Given my pessimistic, slightly paranoid personality, I'd say I probably would have believed the worst could happen, and gotten in a lifeboat quickly, especially if my kids are there with me.


2. You have all the money you could ever need. You've asked your husband to up and run away with you on a trip of a lifetime (pretend the kids are grown or staying with grandparents or something...work with me here..) where would you go, what would you do and why?
I want to go back to Europe, and take in everything I possibly can. I want to learn about history, and research genealogy, and experience different cultures. Of special interest to me is Norway, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, and Austria. First on my list? Liverpool and Southampton!


3. You have the opportunity to spend a week on a tour with a famous muscian/band. Who would it be and what do you think your experience would be like?
They Might Be Giants. I had the opportunity to see them perform at Bumbershoot back in 1998 (I think), and it was absolutely the most fun concert ever! I know that John and John would be hilariously fun all week long!!


4. Your husband was in the Navy. Have you ever considered joining the military? If so, why or why not? Do you think women belong in the military? Do they have a place at all?
I have the utmost respect for our military. I really don't think that most people realize just how much they sacrifice to do what they do. I, however, would never make it in the military. I'm too much of a whimp - I wouldn't even get out of boot camp. After seeing as a military wife what is involved, I know that it takes a special person to do it. You should definitely go thank him, and him, and him, and every other military member you know. We owe them a lot.


5. You have been told that you only have a few months left to live. You wish to write letters to your children and impart your most important words of wisdom upon them. What are the top 3 things you would say to each of them (if different)?
Yikes! You're asking a lot of me, here. First and foremost I would want them each to know how very important they are to me, and how much I love them, and how much they were wanted. I want them to know that there is nothing more important than family, and that they have a great one, who will always be there for them. I would also tell them to only believe half of what their daddy says. (I'm sure my being dead will not stop him from teasing them relentlessly.)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
The Titanic sails into history
April 15, 1912 - 2:05 am
Lifeboats are launched
April 15, 1912
April 14, 1912 - 11:39 pm
True Titanic Tales: The Band
True Titanic Tales: Mr. & Mrs. Straus
True Titanic Tales: Jack Thayer
True Titanic Tales: The Sage Family





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes