Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

To all mothers out there (especially mine!) I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

In lieu of a post today, I'm going to flash you back a few months to something I posted in January. I am not a poet, but I was inspired by my feelings as a mother to write this, and I am quite proud of it.

~
Slow down babies, wait for me.
What is it you can't wait to see?
Down that road you're rushing so
to things that soon enough you'll know.

The sweet smell of your skin brand new
still lingers like the morning dew.
You are busy growing tall,
but yesterday you were so small.

Sitting in your little room,
barely here, just from my womb.
I nursed you there night after night,
There my heart you did ignite.

Soft lullabies to you I'd croon,
of one day living on the moon.
Of fluffy clouds and edelweiss,
unfettered dreams and sound advice.

Now I watch you jump and play,
Couldn't you just stop and stay?
Stay my tiny little one,
For me you surely will outrun.

One day you will be far ahead,
Remember dear, the things I've said.
Growing up is over rated
and something time for you has slated.

Stay here with me to laugh and dream,
of baby dolls and baseball teams.
Slow down babies, wait for me,
for all grown up you soon will be.
~



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Quick post about my derriere
Another musical meme
Randomness
Hello, you have reached Mommy Matters
Incessant mommy talk - nothing interesting here
Until death do us part
I had a dream about you last night UPDATED*
Toddler smothered with kisses
Rear View Mirror
I've been tagged





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes