Tuesday, May 10, 2005

All moved

Our move dragged on a bit because of a broken furnace, but we are now all under one roof again, and the unpacking can begin.

When the possibility of moving came up I was consulted on the subject, and I assured my husband that I would do what I had to do, and support him. At the same time, it's no secret that I did not want to move, and this has been very hard on me.

Now that it's done, there is a sense of peace that has come over me. It is hard not to fall in love with our new little town. (I haven't lived in such a small town in such a long time - I'm a little nervous about it. At least the population is larger than the elevation.)

The mountains are in our back yard, and our neighborhood is quiet. Deer walk down the road here, and I was excited to hear that Bubblehead saw some moose last week while fishing. (I love moose!)

We had a very Norman Rockwell-esque evening last night, complete with the kids running in the backyard, chicken on the BBQ, Bubblehead mowing the lawn. The weather cooperated nicely. I'm hoping for a summer full of these kinds of nights. We would like to start taking the kids hiking, as we use to enjoy day-hikes before they came along. I'll look into swimming lessons or dance classes or art lessons for Ella, and there is a fantastic park right around the corner for us to walk to.

We want to buy a house, but after losing his job twice in about a year's time, we are both feeling jaded, and are afraid to let our roots grow too deep. It will just take some time.

So here I am in our new home, kids eating lunch. I will put them down for naps and watch a favorite TV show. This afternoon we'll go out back and play in their sandbox. I have so much cleaning and unpacking and organizing to do I don't know where to begin, but I have time. Finally today, in more than 3 months, we are going to have a "normal" day. We've proved that moving can take a long time, but settling - that takes even longer.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Blogroll woes
Happy Mother's Day!
Quick post about my derriere
Another musical meme
Randomness
Hello, you have reached Mommy Matters
Incessant mommy talk - nothing interesting here
Until death do us part
I had a dream about you last night UPDATED*
Toddler smothered with kisses





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes