Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Lullabies

Since becoming a mother I have become a connoisseur, if you will, of lullabies. I have searched for years for those perfect songs for our quiet times together. I sing lullabies to them at bedtime, and make lullaby CDs for them to listen to as they fall asleep.

It's become almost an obsession at times. Finding just the right song, and then just the right version of that song. I've put a lot of time into it over the years, and have put together what I consider to be a very nice collection. Every now and then a new song will make the cut, and one that wasn't quite right gets dropped.

I've often seen posts on parenting boards here and there by new mothers or mothers-to-be asking about lullabies, and so I am going to share with you now, at no charge, my list of lullabies, in random order. (Sadly there are a couple on the list that I don't know who to credit for singing, as they were downloaded for free, but it was just those two, I swear!!)
  • Can't Help Falling In Love, by Micheal Buble'
  • Blackbird, by Collin Raye
  • La La Loo, by Jane Sherberg
  • Baby Mine, by Alison Krauss
  • Blessed Be, by Alison Krauss
  • Smile, by unknown
  • Out of the Woods, by Nickel Creek
  • Close to You, by Barenaked Ladies
  • The Moment I Saw You, by Nicolette Larson
  • Edelweiss, by Bob Carlisle
  • You Are My Sunshine, by Sara Hickman
  • All Through the Night, by Beverly Mahood
  • Once Upon a December, by Deena Carter
  • I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, by unknown
  • Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ra, by Collin Raye
  • Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World, by Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole
  • Stay Awake, by Colline Raye


I remember my grandmother singing me Down In The Valley. That song will forever be tied to her in my mind. This is the kind of memory I hope my children have of us when they hear the songs I sing to them. A warm, fuzzy feeling of motherly love. In my eternal search for bedtime songs, I'd love to hear what your favorites are, particularly if there is a lullaby you remember someone singing to you.

You see, I already have another song to search out. Why is it I never thought to add Down In The Valley before?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



A boy and his Teletubby
Traveling today
You know something is terribly wrong when...
Exclusive interview with yours truly
Only two days left!
Have so!
Welcome all from Resplendently Pedestrian!
Random thoughts
Gabriella's quip du jour
Weekly blog round-up





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes