Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A boy and his Teletubby

My Little Man is all boy. He loves to shake his little fists and yell. He growls while grinning mischievous grins. He throws things, not out of anger, but out of pure joy. He pushes his little trucks around rumbling and screeching. He gets excited when faced with his daddy's favorite sports teams' emblems. I fear for the amount of testosterone I will be faced with later in his life.

As much of a boy as he is, occasionally we get a glimpse of his feminine side. In this case it takes the form of a Teletubby. Laa Laa to be exact.

His Laa Laa is a six-inch tall stuffed toy. He sees it and goes nuts, hugging it close to him, chattering away. If I turn on a teletubbies video for him he runs to find his precious Laa Laa, holding it in his dimpled arms and pointing excitedly at the television. And let it also be known that you don't mess with Laa Laa! Heaven help the ears of the person who dare take Laa Laa from this boy. This is such a different side of him.

Recently while on a family trip to the mall, we were waiting for Bubblehead when I spied a Dipsy, exactly like his Laa Laa, sitting in a clearance bin. As a way to pacify him during our wait I picked it up and showed it to him. Big. Mistake. The poor boy's face contorted into utter sadness when we put it back to be on our way. And of course Mommy found it so sweet and pathetic that Little Man now owns Dipsy.

Thank goodness there are only four Teletubbies. We all know how this played out with the Care Bears.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Traveling today
You know something is terribly wrong when...
Exclusive interview with yours truly
Only two days left!
Have so!
Welcome all from Resplendently Pedestrian!
Random thoughts
Gabriella's quip du jour
Weekly blog round-up
In the works





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes