Sunday, March 20, 2005

80s news

All this reminiscing has been great! I was just saying to a blogging friend of mine that I think I love the 80s music more now than I did then, because of all the memories that I have tied to it now. Thanks to all of you I have a new list of music to put on my iPod, and a long list of movies I want to see again!

On a little more serious note, before I end this 80s weekend (and because I am currently out of town until tomorrow, as far as I'm concerned it is still the weekend) I want to pose one more question for you all. What news stories from the 80s sticks out the most in your mind?

Two pop into my head. The Challenger explosion, because not only was it such a tragedy, but also because it's the first story of that kind (tragic) that I can remember in my life. Sadly there is a long list of such stories that I remember keeping my glued to my TV since then (Columbine, Oklahoma City, September 11th, etc.) but this is the first one like that I really remember. I was in 5th grade when it happened, and I remember watching that footage over and over. Even now when I see a shuttle lift-off on TV I half expect to see that horrible explosion....

The other that comes to mind is Baby Jessica. I remember that poor baby being stuck for days (was it?), and then the night they finally got her out I had been at the athletic club with my dad and brother playing racketball. We walked in and watched the footage of her being pulled up. A scary story with a happy ending.

But enough about me - what stories etched themselves into your memory?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



I want my two dollars!!
You spin me right round Baby!
What to do?
Speak up or shut up!
Weekly Blog Round-Up
No sane woman agrees to this
Gabriella's quip du jour
Therapy
Random thoughts...
Just one more verse





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes