Sunday, January 09, 2005

$185.00 - almost

Spiral came home a few weeks ago from work and told me that the former GM of the restaurant had bought some black dresses for the hostesses at a store in the mall, and later decided to "go another way", so had to return them. Of course he was givin store credit in the form of a gift card. Spiral went on to say that the company had no use for this gift card, it had been sitting around for quite a while, blah blah blah.... would I like to have it?

Would I? I *so* need some new clothes, and without going into too much detail with you about my undergarments, let's just say I could use some new ones. I was so excited. It was like having someone hand my $185.00! I looked at the gift card and didn't recognize the name of the store, but didn't think too much about it. Certainly I would be able to find something to spend free money on!

Fast forward to today, when we decided to trek the family through the wind and cold to the mall, and I decide to go check this store out. I have never been in there before, and I knew they targeted a bit of a younger crowd than I currently run in, but beggers can't be choosers.

I walk into this store, and the first thing I notice is bright colors and obnoxious music. Everything appeared to be on sale.

I'll spare you all the boring details of overly tight jeans, gossipy teen girls, and how every last bra in the store had some sort of cheap-looking "jewel" attatched to it. They didn't even have normal, solid-colored socks in there.

I couldn't find one thing in that store to purchase with my free money. Not a bracelet, not a picture frame, not even a simple T-shirt. I left that store elated to be out of all the adolecent hormones floating around in there.

I'm thinking of selling the gift card on ebay. Even if someone is willing to pay $20 for this $185 gift card, I come out ahead.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
Haloscan arrives at Mommy Matters!
A birthday gift to remember *Updated*
Gabriella's quip du jour
Community update
Community
Gabriella's quip du jour...
My little Pixie Chick
Who's Your Daddy?
Gabriella's quip du jour...





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes