Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Good word!

Bubblehead and I compliment each other for utilizing little-used words in our daily conversations. Not that we have exquisite vocabularies, but we have our moments.

It all started years back when we were driving from the Kitsap Peninsula around to Seattle. I paused to take in the scenery, and pointed out to him how gorgeous the hillsides were with the mix of evergreens and the changing colors of the deciduous trees.

"Deciduous?", he said to me in an incredulous tone.

"Yes, deciduous."

He was slightly stunned that I knew the word. I was extremely insulted that he was slightly stunned.

Doesn't everyone know the word deciduous? I learned it in middle school, I think.

So now every time one of us breaks out with a word you don't often hear in everyday conversation, the other follows it up with "Good word!"

Note to Bubblehead: Did you see that? Incredulous! When was the last time you heard that one around the water cooler? No, I didn't use the thesaurus! I know the word incredulous!

Yes, I had to look up the spelling. (blushing)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Squiffy
My favorite word
What is wrong with me?!?!
An open letter to my friend, K
I had to do it!
Keeping vigil
Gabriella's quip du jour
Turn Around
AAAAHHHHH!!
To all my "e-friends"





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes