Thank you all for your advice on where to stay. As my mother is sick we were not able to pawn the kids off on her. The bed and breakfast would have been nice for some romantic moments and quiet reading, but I admit I love having internet access! The kids loved the pool - so much so that we will be swimming again before check-out.
We are in the almost-beautiful, not-so-exciting Riverton Wyoming, where Bubblehead is at this very moment at his second interview for the job he really wants. I am very torn over this matter. On the one hand this is the job Bubblehead wants, and so of course I want him to have it. On the other hand, it would require us moving here (or near here), and that I am not excited about.
I'm no stranger to small-town living, and I don't have anything against it. But I have gotten use to living in large cities over the last decade. The town we live in now is certainly small by comparison.
But that isn't the biggest issue. My family is where we are now. When Bubblehead was laid off a year ago and we decided to leave Denver and "come home" I thought we'd finally be settled, at least for a little while. I've been moving every few years all my life, and I was looking forward to staying in one place for a time.
I worry about the schools. Right now I have my kids on the waiting list for a wonderful school, and I really want them to go there! We just got ourselves in with doctors there, and here in Wyoming that's difficult to do, as there is a bit of crisis here, and doctors all have long waiting lists. I have a new nephew coming next month, and was looking forward to being a big part of his life.
I know these aren't reasons to pass up the first job that MAY come our way in six weeks, and a great job at that. If he gets it, we will move. I will have to come to terms with that. (sigh)
I hate that restaurant!