Tuesday, February 15, 2005

I've secured my ticket to the looney bin

As a stay at home mom, I spend 99.9% of my time with my kids. I don't want to give the impression that I don't love spending time with them, because I do, but when you spend so much time with two little people, you are bound to long for a little time to yourself. Mix in the fact that it's a very one-sided relationship on the mental stimulation front. I spend a lot of time with my kids playing games and reading stories in an effort to impart knowledge to them, and give their imaginations a work-out. I, on the other hand, am rarely challenged in this way. (Although they are teaching me all about patience, and love, and the fine art of disinfecting things.)

When bedtime rolls around I am delirious with joy to see those sweet little faces with eyes closed. So happy that I would do a ritual happy dance if I weren't so exhausted by that time. With the children safely tucked into bed I am at last free to do as I please - read a book, watch a movie, or most likely read some blogs. I have given nearly every moment of my day to my munchkins and now finally what is left of the day is all mine!!!

So why is it that right after they fall alseep, and I go in to make sure they are covered up and give their soft little cheeks some kisses to keep the bad dreams at bay, that I long for them to be awake so I can cuddle with them and read them stories, or listen to them chatter on while they scribble in their coloring books?!? What the hell is wrong with me?

Not thirty minutes ago I was so anxious to put them to bed and be reprieved, and here I am wishing they were awake because I miss them. I'm telling you something has been knocked loose in my head. It must be part of the kids' master plan to take me over completely. Sadly, it's working. I am so in love with those little people that I can't even fully enjoy what little time I have away from them. (Evidence that further proves Mamacita's point that all mothers are crazy.)

We'll be going out later to find me a straight jacket.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour
Our trip to Europe - Chapter 6
Prayers needed...
I want another first kiss
Movie Quote Monday
Uncalendar
Gabriella's quip du jour
My Bubblehead
Our trip....
Common bond





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes