Monday, February 14, 2005

I want another first kiss

In honor of Valentine's Day I decided to post something I wrote recently that is romantic in nature. This is the story of my first kiss. (Incidently, it was with the man I am now married to.) Happy Valentine's Day!

Bubblehead and I went on a double date to the school play (Camalot) with his friend M and his date - a girl I knew from my own class. (He was a senior, and I was a sophomore.) We had seen the play at school the day before, so at intermission we decided to leave, and we all crammed into M's truck and went up into the hills "four-wheeling". (We lived in a very small town. What can I say.)

We bounced around on the dirt roads. I was upset (although silently so) when M swerved to hit a rabbit or two along the way. We came to a hill, and M gave it some gas, and then in the dark saw that there was a ledge. He hit the brakes just in time. We felt the truck lurch forward just a bit as we came to a sudden stop. We all stared for a moment into the darkness into which we almost fell.

We hopped out to get a better look, and calm our nerves as we were all a bit shaken. It was a 10 or 20 foot drop. Nothing Hollywood would have found entertaining, but enough to get us hurt, or more important in our minds I'm sure, enough to get us in trouble! Bubblehead helped me out of the truck, and then took me in his arms and held me. To this day I have never felt as safe as I did at that moment.

After all the excitment Bubblehead drove me home. My house was off the main road a bit, and we had 5 acres of land around it where we kept two horses. In the dark I took him out to see my horses, more to delay his leaving than anything else. We walked up and down the fence a little, talking, and then he took me to the door. (Let me interject here that we had been on a few dates at this point, and I had been wondering when he was going to get around to kissing me. My stomach was tied in knots thinking that maybe tonight he finally would.) We were standing by the side door of the garage, by the wood pile. The moths were flitting about the porch light. He held me, and leaned in and kissed me. It was a long kiss, and it felt so natural when his tongue parted my lips. All my nerves suddenly faded, and I kissed him back. It was perfect.

You couldn't pay me to go back to high school again, but there are certain moments I wish I could redo over and over. The feeling in the pit of your stomach that radiates out to every inch of your body when you kiss someone for the first time - I wish that were something you could experience more than once.



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Movie Quote Monday
Uncalendar
Gabriella's quip du jour
My Bubblehead
Our trip....
Common bond
The magic couch
Gabriella's quip du jour
Weekly blog round-up
Raffle Time!!





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes