Thursday, January 20, 2005

Community - part 2

Recently I challenged all of you to post a comment on a blog that you have never commented on before. I have found the world to be less than polite and kind a lot of the time. We keep to ourselves, and are too busy or jaded to break out of our shells and pay a compliment to a stranger, or give out a simple smile or hello.

Sitting behind the safety of our computers makes us brave. We are (hopefully) more friendly with each other; more likely to open up to another human being.

You all followed through with my challenge fabulously! I'm very proud of all of you. I would like to issue a new challenge to you, and I have to throw some credit for this toward Buzz (who sadly has moved on from his blog recently.) He came up with the idea of Blog It Foward, which basically means that if you find a post on a fellow blogger's site that you think is wonderful, link to it on your site and send your readers there.

Once again, this is a way to help others find new blogs. It "spreads the love" so to speak. It also makes it easy for you on those days when you have nothing to blog about yourself.

So here is your challenge: Sometime this week I want you to "blog up" a fellow blogger, linking to them in a post on your blog. Tell us how you found them, or what you love about them or their post. (Once again, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.) I hope you will also leave me some way to find your post (comment, trackback, or email). I'm sure there are some wonderful blogs out there I haven't found yet, and I know you can point me toward them.

Go ahead - make someone else's day! It will make you feel good!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Our trip to Europe - Chapter 3
*Sniff*
Movie Quote Monday
Slow down
Gabriella's quip du jour
Party Time!
A Conversation
Our trip to Europe - Chapter 2
I took a sick day
On turning 30, part 2





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes