Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Miss Speaker-of-the-House

Gabriella is quite the little talker. She will start up a conversation with anyone we happen to run across while about town. She loves to announce to the librarian which movies she has chosen for the day. She will jump right in there at a restaurant and order her own food (ALWAYS macaroni and cheese - sometimes we have to "influence" her choice a bit.)

She has turned her love of conversation into a job. She has found it her "calling" to speak for her brother. Now really this is quite a nice service seeing as his speech is limited to "juice", "no", and "ma ma". (He's certain this will get him through life, but I am trying to change his mind on that one.)

So Gabriella goes about her day, speaking her mind and also that of her younger sibling. "Alex wants apple, and I will have yogurt". "Alex is done eating". "Alex doesn't want to play with my Care Bears". And my personal favorite, "Alex is going to vacuum the house, and then start on the windows in the family room". (Opps - sorry. That only happened in my imagination.)

She will occasionally try to speak of others, such as me or Spiral. This usually doesn't work, but you can't blame a girl for trying, right? So far it's cute, but of course with anything involving children, it's going to get messy!

Little Man won't always be nearly-mute, and someday I'm sure will be just as opinionated and out-spoken as his sister. When this happens I really don't think Gabriella will see her "assignment" complete. Oh the fights that will insue over this. Can you hear the excitement in my voice?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour...
Posting by coercion
Parental Guidance advised
Gabriella's quip du jour
Movie Quote Monday
The war unending
Gabriella's quip du jour...
My greasy Christmas Eve
Christmas magic
Further evidence that I'm a freak*





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes