Thursday, November 11, 2004

A blast from the past

I was sitting on the couch, holding Little Man on my lap. His tiny hand traveled up my arm and then stopped and rested up under my sleeve. There I was holding my son watching (insert the name of your favorite inane children's show here - they're all the same) and that little hand on that particular spot on my arm triggered a memory, and I was zapped back in time.

I was 16 years old, sitting next to hubby (then my boyfriend - yes, we were high school sweethearts) in the auditorium of our high school. He was on my right, and a friend of mine was on my left. I don't remember why we were in the auditorium - I'm sure to hear some "important" announcements or watch an amateur talent show. Anyway, as we sat there hubby's hand rested on my upper arm, right under my sleeve. I remember this because later my friend made a comment to me about it, to the effect that he had "gone up" my shirt.

Huh?

I guess her definition of "going up" one's shirt was different than mine. (Besides, we hardly ever did that at school!)

~ZAP~

The smell of a poopy diaper can always bring you back to reality...

I don't think I've thought about that day since. The human mind is a funny thing.




www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Veteran's Day
Say Cheese!
The beginning of the end of my marriage
Gabriella's quip du jour...
I've been disenfranchised!
God help me
Dear Little Man,
Andrew....
Gabriella's quip du jour
I finally did it!





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes