Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I'll just start saving for her therapy now

I feel like a failure as a mother. I always pictured myself as this uber-mom. Homecooked meals and crafty projects and nature walks and kid-friendly trips about town for fun and education. This is who I would love to be...

In reality I am in the midst of an small identity "crisis" and postpartum depression. I have lost interest in pretty much everything. Some mornings the thought of having to get up, shower, get dressed, and then dress the kids and find them something healthy to eat is overwhelming to me. And then I have to feed them again at lunch! It never ends!

I see myself in Gabriella's misbehaviors. Her misbehaviors seem to happen much more frequently lately. I know this is my fault. I don't know how to correct it. When it was just her and I at home all day (before the PPD) I was so patient with her - perhaps too patient at times. Now I have very little. I'm really trying hard, but sometimes I just don't know how to handle her. How can and handle her when I can't handle myself?



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Gabriella's quip du jour...
Fall has fallen
Volume Switch
Gabriella's quip du jour...
My first spa experience - 4 years in the making
My favorite things
Home again, home again
Gabriella's quip du jour...
And she's off
The Koala Brothers





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes