Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Kitchen

You would probably never guess this about us, but Bubblehead and I hit the club scene nearly every night of the week. It's easy to do because we take our kids along with us. The place we like to go is VERY exclusive, and it's never crowed, which we're okay with, because we aren't there to meet people. We go for the music, and the fun!

Right after our family is finished with dinner each night we go put our party clothes on and head to the club. The music gets turned up, (and did I mention they play ALL our requests?) and the lights are dimmed. Little Man and Ella are the first ones out on the dance floor, and all eyes are on them and they turn circles and bounce to the beat of the music. (Little Man has a dance named after him, where he bounces around in a circle with his hands firmly on his knees – it's a crowd-pleaser for sure!)

Bubblehead and I like to hang back and watch for a bit before joining in with the kids, usually at their request. As soon as I pick Ella up she wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck as we spin around.

Of course there are plenty of drinks to go around, too. Bubblehead enjoys a margarita or a rum and coke, while I usually stick with a Dr. Pepper or an occasional glass of wine. The kids suck down their juice like it's going out of style. (It's a good thing I'm the designated driver!)

The party goes on well past 7:30, and then for last call there is one or two final requests for favorite songs, and some graham crackers to help sober us up. Oh yes, do we know how to party!!

And then the lights come up, and it's time to leave the kitchen to go brush teeth. The kids never want to leave, and to be honest neither do we - until we're reminded of that heavenly event that follows clubbing: bedtime!



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Still waiting to find out what will happen next? Y...
Hmmmm
The joys of wireless internet
Movie Quote Monday
80s news
I want my two dollars!!
You spin me right round Baby!
What to do?
Speak up or shut up!
Weekly Blog Round-Up





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes