Many people have said that they really enjoy the "quip du jours", which is funny because I never thought anyone would enjoy them but me, and I started doing them mainly because I wanted to write them down so I would never forget some of the funny things she says.
For those of you who do enjoy them (myself included) here are some of my favorites:
- "Pardon me father, but could I trouble you to please go away!"
- "That's my sorry!"
- (yelling) "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, presenting.....ME..... the horrible dancer!!" (She still says this, although now it is her brother who is the horrible dancer)
- (Said to her Daddy in a very stern voice, finger pointing in emphasis, after he had spun her around like a centrifuge.)
"That's dizzy, Daddy!......Do it again!"
- Me - "Gabriella, I want you to appologize to your Daddy for being sassy."
Gabriella - "Daddy, sorry I sauced you!"
- (As I was bringing Little Man into her room to play)
"He can't come in here! I'm busy, and he can't take my busies away!"
- (Introducing her brother to some random stranger.)
"This is Alex. When he's being naughty, Mommy calls him No Sir!"
- "Grandpa's a cool dude!"
- Gabriella and her grandma wandering around the backyard in early spring.
Grandma: "Ella, look at all those tulips! Aren't they pretty?"
Gabriella: "I have "twolips"! They are red, and they are on my face!"
- Gabriella: "I'm wearing all green today. I'm acting like Minty!"
Gabriella: "And Alex is acting like Wysteria!"
Me: "I see. And what about me?"
Gabriella: "You're acting like a crazy lady!"
- "It's a good thing there's an Ella!"