Sunday, February 20, 2005

Untapped market?

I know I've written about the Care Bears before, but seeing as they truly are a part of my life, they continue to provide me with inspiration. Gabriella loves her Care Bears. She has 20-some of these little creatures, although if you ask her she will tell you she has 87. I don't know where she got this number from, but 87 has been it for quite a while. Not that it really makes a difference, because whether it's 20-some or 87, they are EVERYWHERE!

The Care Bears have been resurrected from the days of my own childhood, although I'm pretty sure they have mulitplied since then. They don't seem to be running out of names, and I'm guessing as long as they can come up with some sugar-sweet name, they will make a new Care Bear to go along with it. Cheer Bear, Funshine Bear, Friend Bear, Love-a-Lot Bear, Tenderheart Bear, Good Luck Bear, Share Bear, Wish Bear, Grumpy Bear, Bedtime Bear, Daydream Bear, Best Friend Bear, Thanks-a-Lot Bear, Take Care Bear, Do Your Best Bear, Grams Bear, Champ Bear, Laugh-a-Lot Bear, Baby Hugs & Baby Tugs Bear, America Bear.... Right - you get the picture.

Gabriella asked me once why there isn't a Sorry Bear. She's right - there should be a Sorry Bear. I'm sure it's just a matter of time. And I guarentee you when it hits the shelves of our local Target, she will own it. (Thanks, Grandma!)

So my brother and I were having a discussion recently and decided we should come up with our own line of Care Bears. Lactose Intolerent Bear, for instance. That is a segment of the population that isn't well-represented by the toy industry. Perhaps Lonely Heart Bear? Disco Dancing Bear would be a big hit - it could be packaged with a karaoke style sing-along video of hits from the 70s. It would work - it would! Just tell me you wouldn't buy your child, niece, or neighbor's cousin an adorable little Draft Dodger Bear!

(Any ideas? Spew them here!)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Happy Winterfest!
Gabriella's quip du jour
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Benefits of blogging
It's never enough
Gabriella's quip du jour
Weekly blog round-up
Insert catchy title here
Just wondering...
Our trip to Europe - Chapter 7





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes