Thursday, January 13, 2005

On turning 30, part 1

(no, it's not my birthday yet)

I don't usually make a big deal about the getting older aspect of birthdays. Although I do at times think "I'm that old now?!", I don't generally get depressed or freak out about another year passing. (Well, not yet anyway.) With this birthday being my 30th, I thought I would reflect just a bit on some of the better times I've had, and the blessings in my life (in no particular order).

Things of which I'm most proud and thankful:

  • That I have a close relationship with my brother, who was always my best friend when we were kids and moving around so much.
  • That I have worked to make my marriage work, despite everybody's expectations.
  • That at the age of 19 and living far from home with my husband out to sea, I was able to take care of myself, going to school and working. (I'm not as independent and confident as I once was, but I'm so proud of myself for that time in my life.)
  • Graduating college (because as you may know, a lot of work goes into a college education.)
  • The work I did with foster kids in Florida while going to school.
  • My musical ability
  • Each of my children
  • The close relationship I have with my parents
  • That I decided to start writing again after all these years, even if it is just a blog.
  • Having the courage to seek help for my depression, and to talk about it with others.
  • My wonderful husband
  • Living several places all over this country
  • All the wonderful people I have met over the years (including those of you I have recently met right here - yes, I'm sappy!)

Now since you've taken the time to make it this far, before you move on take just a moment and think of one thing that you are especially proud of and/or thankful for in your life. (And if you are so inclined, please share!)



www.flickr.com
Name: Christine
Location: Wyoming, United States
I'm the Mom of two. They drive me crazy. I love them dearly. I want one more. I'm not insane, yet. My hubby says I'm a snob with an inferiority complex. There is more to me than being a mother. I just don't remember any of it.

View My Complete Profile
100 + things - UPDATED
Talk to me
IM


Win Free Prizes

On the Scale of Mediocrity, today rates:

~7~


I'm feeling... The 

current mood of kabiel at www.imood.com


Enchanted with...
Adagio Tea

Contemplating...
His next trip to Asia

Irritated by...
His next trip to Asia

Humored by...
Finslippy

Lessons Learned...
Don't ask a 5 6 year old a question, unless you really want to feign interest for the next 90 minutes in the answer.

Buy Stock in...
American Girl

Quote of the Week

"Make a little birdhouse in your soul."



Floating
Our trip to Europe - Preface
Another worthy cause **UPDATED**
I'm gonna be the birthday girl, I'm gonna be the b...
The sweetest gesture
Movie Quote Monday
Blogging for a good cause
$185.00 - almost
Gabriella's quip du jour
Haloscan arrives at Mommy Matters!





I was the first certified redhead! Want to be one, too? Click here, 

and let Webwench know you exist!
Muzikdude says this site doesn't suck!


Who Links Here


I'm on blogrolling's top 500 list!


I'm reading...



Next on my queue...



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License
.



Powered by Blogger

Sweepstakes Advantage - 4000+ Free Online Sweepstakes